Quality is the business of medical practice management.
How will you implement quality management and continuous quality improvement programs? How will your practice participate in pay-for-performance programs?
Quality Management in a medical practice includes the following:
- Design and implement a quality management system that leads to the improvement of health care delivery and ensures patient safety.
- Monitor the peer review process for clinical staff.
- Develop and oversee patient satisfaction and customer service programs.
- Identify, develop and maintain benchmarks for establishing practice performance standards.
- Create internal processes and systems to participate in pay-for-performance programs to enhance health care quality.
- Develop and monitor a program for staff, business and equipment credentialing and licensure.
Rate yourself: Take the ACMPE Quality Management Quiz
Inside Quality Management
PCMH - Turn Your Practice into a Work of Art, earn ACMPE credit with the assessment.
What do patient satisfaction, safety and malpractice risk have in common?
Establishment of a Quality Improvement Program Based on the Principles of Six Sigma
ACMPE Fellow paper by Steven D. Ruedinger, MS, FACMPE
Pay-for-Performance as a Medical Quality Initiative
ACMPE Fellow paper by Michael Goler MD, MBA, FACMPE
More on Quality Management
Quality Management Tools
Free MGMA Patient Safety White Paper
Download "Meeting the Challenge of Patient Safety in the Ambulatory Care Setting" to see why administrators are vital to patient safety processes.
The Joint Commission
National Committee on Quality Assurance